Manual manipulation of muscles and tendons to decrease pain, muscle soreness, and improve general mobility
Therapeutic exercises + manual therapy to recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility
Treatment involving thin, sterile acupuncture needles to initiate healing, promote health, and alleviate pain
A combination of the manual therapy skills of a physiotherapist with a system of exercises for rehab and performance goals.
Individualized exercise programs for the prevention and rehabilitation of injuries and return to sport/activity.
Individualized, guided support through prevention, baseline testing, post-injury assessment and rehabilitation.
Treatment and management of symptoms of vertigo, dizziness, loss of balance, coordination, or nerve function.
Registered massage therapists are college trained clinicians who specialize in hands-on manual therapy techniques to assess and treat soft-tissue and joint issues within the body. Our massage therapists are skilled in a variety of techniques to help you recover, improve your function and increase your quality of life. Benefits include:
- increased circulation
- improved muscle tone
- improved metabolism
- pain relief
- 30 Min Session : $75
- 45 Min Session : $100
- 60 Min Session : $120
- ICBC Initial 60 Min Session: $120*
- ICBC Subsequent 60 Min Session: $120*
- ICBC Subsequent 45 Min Session: $100*
*Please note that ICBC will only cover a portion for this treatment. The client will be responsible for covering the remaining balance of the treatment cost*
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession dedicated to working with people to help identify and maximize their ability to move and function throughout their life. All physiotherapists are university educated and highly trained professionals who skillfully apply a combination of evidence-based scientific medicine, continuing education and clinical experience to help their clients achieve goals.
These goals may include, but are not limited to:
- Preventing injuries
- Increasing knowledge of self management
- Reducing pain
- Improving mobility
- Returning to work, recreation or sport
- Initial Assessment, 45 min : $100
- Subsequent Visit, 30 min : $85
- MSP assisted claim, 30 min : $15
- ICBC Initial, 45 min : No additional user fee applies
- ICBC Subsequent, 30 min : Only a portion is covered by ICBC, additional user fee applies
Dry needling is a practice of inserting filiform needles through the skin barrier to elicit a therapeutic response. This treatment involves needling affected areas of the body without injecting any substance. At Catch Wellness, we practice two different types of dry needling, acupuncture and Gunn’s intramuscular stimulation (CGIMS). Where acupuncture is rooted in traditional chinese medicine, IMS is grounded in western medicine practices as a model for diagnosing and treating myofasicial pain syndromes. Dry needling is performed by a registered physiotherapist who has received specialized training and certification that are recognized by their regulatory college. This treatment is billed under physiotherapy for extended health plans.
Conditions that can be treated include:
- acute and chronic pain
- inflammatory conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia
- mechanical conditions like sciatica, sprains and strains, neck and low back pain
- Myofascial pain
- Initial Assessment, 45 min : $100
- Subsequent Visit, 30 min: $85
- MSP assisted claim, 30 min: $15
This exercise method is a combination of the manual therapy skills of a physiotherapist with a system of exercises developed to assist in injury rehabilitation and athletic performance enhancement. Emphasis is placed on core strength, posture, movement control, and breathing. Sessions are one-on-one and customized to each individual. Exercises are performed on the Pilates reformer, cadillac, or mat.
Benefits of PILATES:
- Builds core strength and stability
- Improves posture and alignment
- Increases flexibility, balance and coordination
- Brings awareness to your breath
- 60 min One on One Initial Assessment with a Physiotherapist: $140
- 60 min One on One Subsequent Visit with a Physiotherapist: $140
- 45 min One on One Subsequent Visit with a Physiotherapist: $110
- 45 min One on One Subsequent Visit with an Instructor: $100
- 60 min One on One Subsequent Visit with an Instructor: $120
- 60 min Group Class drop-in: $25
Through a functional assessment of your body's current mobility, strength, and balance we will work with you to return you to your optimal functional capacity.
- Injury rehabilitation
- Exercise prescription and treatment
- Pain and chronic disease management
- Postural assessment and education
- ICBC (Initial and Subsequent) : Covered by ICBC, no additional user fee
- Exercise Rehabilition, 40 min (Initial Physio Assessment required) : $85
- Kinesiology - Private, 40 min (No claim required) : $65
- Ergonomic Workplace Assessment, 60 min : $110
- Group Classes (Private) : $25.00/class
- Group Classes (Plus) : $12.50/class
- Group Classes (MSP) : $2.00/class
Our physiotherapists provide a comprehensive concussion evaluation to help provide a framework for understanding symptom severity and recovery progression. We adhere to best-practice standards to support complete recoveries in the most efficient time periods. Concussion rehabilitation encompasses all of the following:
- Vestibular Rehab
- Specific exercises or manipulations to support recovery of the systems that control your sense of balance, positioning, and movement which do not resolve spontaneously or with rest alone.
- Oculomotor (Vision) Rehab
- Early targeted screening and intervention for disturbances in vision that can profoundly cause issues with balance, spatial awareness, and driving, as well as symptoms of headache and fatigue.
- Exertion based Rehab
- Supervised, structured, individualized, and graded exercise program is developed considering the particular sport, age and concussion history of the individual.
- Cognitive (Thinking)Rehab
- Identify persistent problems or barriers to normal function in school or work environments including slowed processing of information, difficulties with visual-spatial information, slower reaction times and “foggy” thinking.
- Manual Physiotherapy
- Assessment and treatment of neck and spine pain in conjunction with other indicated areas of rehab to maximize recovery outcomes.
- 60 min Initial Assessment $140
- 60 min Subsequent Visit $140
- 30 min Subsequent Visit $100
Our physiotherapists are certified to provide a comprehensive evaluation of vestibular conditions which can range in presentation from balance problems to very nauseating and disabling symptoms of vertigo and dizziness. They can result from dysfunction in the vestibular apparatus (the inner ear), an infection of the vestibular nerve, or even an insult to the brain. Sometimes they can come on spontaneously, and other times are a result of trauma (concussion) or disease. While the many vestibular symptoms and conditions can have a variety of causes, they can be debilitating and generally benefit from some sort of vestibular management and treatment.
- Initial Assessment and Treatment $140
- 60 min Subsequent Treatment $140
- 30 min Subsequent Treatment $100
Fascial Stretch Therapy
Fascial Stretch Therapy™ is table based assisted stretching. It reduces passive muscle tension to restore movement and reduce pain.
Each assisted stretching session reduces stress, relieves tension and re-balances your body so that you move more easily and with less pain.
Your first session includes a short discussion of your health and movement history, completion of a few movement and muscle assessments, mobility goal setting and treatment. You will leave feeling more relaxed, moving more freely and with 1-3 stretches.
- 60 min Initial Appointment $120
- 60 min Subsequent Treatment $120
- 45 min Subsequent Treatment $100
- 30 min Subsequent Treatment $75